Sunday, 3 June 2012

Skirting around Indecision


I bought the fabric last June when I went to the Cotton Patch in Birmingham with Ady - lovely fabric from Sevenberry in a heavy cotton.  I've been meaning to make it into a skirt, but somehow never got round to it.

When Cam announced her "Make It in May Sew-Along" I decided this was the push I needed to finally make a skirt, so I signed up and hoped I find some inspiration and time ...  I failed on both counts!

Anyway, this weekend I finally made a decision and, before I could change my mind again, ran up the skirt above.  It's a modified version of Nikki's A-line skirt pattern ... modified to make it straighter (last weekend as part of my indecisiveness I altered the A-line skirt I made last summer - but never wore - to make it less A-line and this seemed to work better for me!) and I've added a lining so that I can hopefully wear it for more of the year.

I still need to hem it, but thought I'd get in a photo before the light goes completely (it's a very gloomy, wet day here!) and my photographer disappears off on a business trip for the week!  I think it looks smart enough for work (maybe after I iron it!!) but could work as a casual skirt too.

7 comments:

  1. Very smart indeed! I do like that fabric very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the A-line skirt, Fiona!!! Looks very smart with the blazer and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Fiona, definitely smart enough for work but can see it more casual too. One of these days I will work up the courage to sew some clothing, but in the meantime I will just enjoy seeing your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looks good, and I'd say it's more than smart enough for work. Cool colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I'd never thought of altering the a-line, but it's a brilliant idea to get a totally different looking skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely fabric and the skirt looks great on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea, thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete